Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yanina Fajar > www.tango-fire.com

Yanina Fajar, Director of Choreography, The Tango Fire Company.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Being Argentine has many influences on my profession because the Tango was born in my country, I understand the whole spectrum of Tango from the inside, which enables me to transmit it.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I believe that in life everything happens because of a certain reason and the obstacles we have in the way serve us as learning and strengthen us for the next one. In the difficult moments I allow my faith to pull me through, and it never fails me.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
I have had a lot of them, but the biggest one was to decide to go far away from my family and home, so I could concentrate on my aims, I believe that we face a bigger challenge every day with ourselves and that's what life is for.


If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I wouldn't change anything , all the things I’ve lived were necessary for me being the women I'm today.

What was your childhood ambition?
Since I was a child my dream was to dance in the most important theatres in the world then when I was a teenager to have my own Dance Studio. Nowadays at 33 years old I have my own Studio in Buenos Aires for developing a new generation of dancers and I'm very happy because I’ve danced in the best theatres all around the world, so I have fulfilled all my childhood dreams.

Tell us about three people that you admire?
I admire all the people who have strong willpower to make the daily effort to be a better human being, but If I have to choose 3 people, I could mention:

First place to my mother Maria, I admire her aptitude to give love to everybody and the strength to make the family improve and to keep us close in adversity. Nowadays she's no longer with us but she left me her legacy for the rest of my life.

Second place to my life partner Gerardo because of his life value and the love, respect and discipline he has in his profession as musician, for me he is a great motivator.

Third place to Mother Teresa, because of the magnitude of her love and her whole work.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
I prefer breakfast for meetings; lunch and dinner are for family and friends.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
The dancers’ career demands a big sacrifice from childhood because of the daily discipline that it needs. Though the happiness this profession provokes in me is worth any sacrifice I have to make. If I have to mention a sacrifice the biggest one is to be far away from family and friends for long periods of time.

What is your favorite quote?
Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory. Mahatma Gandhi

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I feel myself as conventional. But I'm conscious that my reality is very different than other peoples.

Biggest mistake made?
I have committed many mistakes in my life but never one big enough that couldn't be repaired. I believe that the important thing is to take life as a school where we come to learn on mistakes and to have the opportunity to correct them.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes, because I begun a new way to work in Tango group choreographies, I incorporate figures from other Dance Styles enriching the Tango from a new point of view.

About the Company
The Tango Fire Company was created in 2005, all the artists are from Argentina. There are ten dancers, four musicians and a singer.
It is a Company with a high level of artistic excellence, consisting of the best professionals and it is one of the most successful companies in the world. I’m very happy to be the Choreography Director and proud to work with these artists.
www.tango-fire.com

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month