Thursday, January 27, 2011

Isabel Villegas > www.jackmorton.com

Isabel Villegas, Director, Jack Morton Latino


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Absolutely, it certainly helps that I can relate to the work I do on a daily basis for our clients. I “live” the experience.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
My faith in God keeps me centered whether its personal or professional. My parents have really been there at the best & at the worst of times. Their love & God’s guidance is what keeps me moving.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
A few years ago I made the decision to leave my family and take on a new professional role in Los Angeles. It was a great experience, but my path lead me back to home to Chicago. My hometown is a wonderful city with a variety of growing communities & strong hub for the business world – Just ask Vince Vaughn!


If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I’ve spent some time living abroad in Italy. If I could I would have spent more time living in Europe and experiencing different cultures & people. The world is too global for anyone with the opportunity to live abroad not to do so, even if it is for short amount of time. I learned to appreciate the smallest moments & enjoy my surroundings – things that are easily lost in the everyday shuffle of life in the US.


What was your childhood ambition?
Long before Shakira, I wanted to be a singer and be the first cross over! I can’t sing, but loved the idea of performing in both my native languages.


Tell us about three people that you admire?
My father is an amazing man who always finds a way to see the best in every situation or person & the one who encouraged both my sister & I and told us that being female & Latina should never be an excuse to not succeed, that above all we were people & our success is measured by what we do & how we treat people.

My Cuban maternal grandmother was the heart & soul of our family for many years. My earliest memories are of her and as her namesake I hope to continue in her legacy to influence others in a positive way.

The third is a man well beyond his time, an amazing scientist, artist, and influencer – Leonardo DaVinci


For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Brunch! Dinner is for family & friends


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Creating memories with family & friends, something I’ve learned to change after living in Italy & realizing how quickly time passes.


What is your favorite quote?
I have two:
“La Vita E Bella” (Italian)….”Life is Beautiful”

“Nunca desistas de un sueño. Sólo trata de ver las señales que te lleven a él” -- Paulo Coelho “Never stop reaching for your dream. Try to follow all the signs that lead you to it”


Is it difficult to be unconventional?
No, I guess I don’t see myself as unconventional. As a Latina from Chicago from a Cuban mother & Mexican father, it’s easy to say that “unconventional” was always the norm at my house & well embraced. I consider myself “unique”!


Biggest mistake made?
No mistake thus far has been big enough for me to not have a avenue to change course…I consider them lessons learned.


About the Company
Jack Morton Worldwide is a global brand experience agency. We create experiences that strengthen relationships between brands and the people who matter most to them—thereby helping our clients become talked-about experience brands. Rated among the top marketing service agencies worldwide, we integrate live and online experiences, digital and social media, and branded 3D environments that engage and inspire consumers, business partners and employees. Jack Morton has a staff of 500 employees in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific that drive our idea-led agency culture and is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. (NYSE: IPG). For more information, go to http://www.jackmorton.com/.  

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month