Friday, August 26, 2011

Juan Pablo Mendez > www.roidna.com

Juan Pablo Mendez, Optimization / QA Expert, ROI DNA

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Generally speaking, being raised by Colombian parents and traveling to Colombia every year to visit family has had an enormous impact on my perspective and identity—and, by extension, on everything I do (including work).
But I can also point to more literal ways that my Latin American background has influenced my work life. For example, it recently enabled me to travel to Colombia to help introduce PC Tools’ performance and security software as it makes its way into the Colombian market.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
One step at a time, with a positive outlook, and doing my best. That seems like the most reasonable approach to me. I have my mom to thank for having that mentality.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
My biggest challenge has probably involved conquering time. Those who know me know that I like taking my time when I do things, and ‘fitting everything in’ is an ongoing challenge. I was probably much better suited for life in the 1920’s…

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I would stop time. Realistically, though, I would be more organized so that I could better accomplish the variety of things that I find fulfilling—e.g., traveling, spending time with family and friends, creating art, learning new skills, etc.

What was your childhood ambition?
It was probably to somehow bring about world peace. I also thought it would be cool to be an inventor and a professional soccer player.

Tell us about three people that you admire?
My mom. She has been and continues to be my primary role model in life, and she’s an extraordinary person. I’ll leave it at that because some things just can’t be adequately expressed in a short paragraph. Aside from my mom, the list of people I admire is extensive and diverse.
I recently read Frederick Douglass’s autobiography, so he comes to mind when thinking of people I admire. He overcame unimaginable hardships and became a powerfully influential voice for social equality.
Another person I admire is one of my best friends from college. He’s one of the smartest people I know and his consideration for others is remarkable. It’s apparent not only in his daily interactions but also in larger ways. For instance, as a young professional, he donated the vast majority of his earnings to charity, and I’m probably one of the very few people who know that.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Probably lunch. I’m not much of a morning person, and I generally like to enjoy evenings with friends and family.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I wouldn’t consider myself a “business success,” but I did make a big sacrifice when I decided to come out to California for college. I’ve since stayed on the west coast, and being away from my family (who live in New Orleans) has definitely been one of the biggest sacrifices I’ve made.

What is your favorite quote?
I’m not one for superlatives, but here’s one I like: “Keep everything in moderation—even moderation.”

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
It can be. Many people find comfort in maintaining the status quo, and those who stray from it are often maligned. Authenticity is a quality I strive to achieve always and one that I admire in others. And if being authentic means being unconventional, I’m all for it—even if it seems difficult.

Biggest mistake made?
I don’t like to think of life in terms of mistakes made but, rather, lessons learned.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I certainly try to be an innovator. I think it’s important to question long-standing norms, and I also like to approach even the smallest details of life with originality and creativity. Life’s much more interesting that way.

About the Company
Founded in 2009, ROI DNA provides effective design, e-marketing, and web development solutions in order to comprehensively expand its clients’ web presence. Our clientele ranges from established brands like PC Tools to ambitious start-ups.
Strategy and Optimization are elemental to each and every ROI DNA relationship and affiliation. Think of them as fundamental, guiding factors that we bring to the structural material of your company. Bound together like a helix, they ensure optimal success for every service we provide.
We do our best work because we start at the very beginning, select the strongest elements and help them replicate into something bigger, better and stronger – a more powerful, fully evolved version of your business.

3 comments:

Eduardo said...

I think it's great you get to be the Latino PC tech bridge between the US and Colombia. Great experience that will payoff more and more as time goes on.

career opportunities for latinos said...

Very good job i wish i understood more about computers and do the same thing. You give us latinos a good representation. keep up the good work

HDirect said...

Not only is introducing your knowledge with computer technology helpful and admirable, it will also turn out to be profitable. You represent a bright future for the latin community

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month