Thursday, October 28, 2010

Daisy Auger-Domínguez > www.TimeWarner.com


Daisy Auger-Domínguez, Managing Director, Executive Search Initiatives Worldwide Recruitment & Executive Search, Time Warner Inc.


Being Hispanic, does it have any influence on your business?
I was raised in the Dominican Republic. My parents are of Puerto Rican and Dominican descent. My family broadly instilled in me a sense of pride and privilege in being Latina/Hispanic and I have incorporated that awareness – the importance of embracing your individual diversity – into my moral and professional code of conduct. I strongly believe who I am as an individual and my life experiences, in addition to my professional skills, are a great asset to my company. In turn, I look for candidates who have a strong sense of self and who are empowered by their individuality in addition to possessing the core job requirements.


I believe companies have compelling business reasons to foster diversity, to ensure a culture of understanding and mutual respect, and to promote the inclusion of diverse employees. Corporate leaders are facing a broad range of issues, including the important challenge to manage people globally, remotely and cross-culturally. Therefore, companies need leaders with diverse experiences and backgrounds to meet these challenges. My mission is to position such leaders within my organization.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I am wired to be persistent. I also come from a heritage of strong women; the kind that is stubbornly independent, crafty, fiercely protective, and powerfully resilient. I was always taught to find “another way” when told “no”.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
In my career at Moody’s, I reinvented myself on four occasions. I began my career as a credit risk analyst, moved on to manage a corporate foundation, then built and developed a global diversity and inclusion function followed by managing a domestic talent acquisition function. Each time I needed to learn new disciplines, fine-tune my personal brand, expand my networks and hone new skills.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I would have more time to spend with my family and loved ones.


What was your childhood ambition?
To save the world.


Tell us about three people that you admire?
I tend to think in pluralities, so please indulge me as these are the people that most inspire me:


- Working mothers: who run households, build and rebuild their lives, raise their children and the children of others, and maintain familial and cultural legacies alive.
- Immigrants: who uproot their lives in search of better opportunities for their loved ones.
-Children: with their boundless curiosity, energy and capacity for hope.


For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
All of the above. A good meal should always be shared.


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
One doesn’t become a business leader by chance. It takes effort, planning and a good skills repertoire. It also requires sacrifice. As a working parent, my greatest struggle is balancing work demands with those of my loved ones.


What is your favorite quote?
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King, Jr.


Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I’ve never considered myself to be unconventional. I simply follow my instinct and conscience. It’s what I know best.


Biggest mistake made?
I tend to turn most of my mistakes into opportunities. I probably could have taken more risks in the early part of my career. But I have few regrets in that area.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Promoting workforce diversity and inclusion often requires people to go against what comes naturally to them. By definition, what I do is innovative and different because it requires a fundamental rethinking of how we do business. In most businesses, we’re paid for the quality of our ideas. There’s no question that difference is good because when you come at an idea differently, you always make it better.


About the Company:
Time Warner Inc, a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks, filmed entertainment and publishing, uses its industry-leading operating scale and Brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide through multiple distribution platforms.


Whether measured by quality, popularity or financial results, our divisions are at the top of their categories. Time Inc., Home Box Office, Turner broadcasting System and Warner Bros. Entertainment maintain unrivaled reputations for creativity and excellence as they keep people informed, entertained and connected. For more information about Time Warner Inc., please visit http://www.timewarner.com/.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your experience and success. I hope that everyone who will read your entry will pursue their work also. Likewise to the Latino Business they have to be included on the ranking of Paginas Amarillas so that their business will be successful and more services they need to provide.

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month