Thursday, May 7, 2009

Carlos Manzano > www.nyc.gov/lmec

Carlos Manzano, Executive Director of the Latin Media and Entertainment Commission NYC.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business? Yes. I have the ability to shape and influence how non-Latinos and even Latinos view our great and rich culture as well as engage and participate.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I keep reminding myself what my mother always said, “When you fall—and you will because that’s part of life—simply get up, take a deep breath, think strategically, and keep moving.” And try not to make the same mistake twice.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
Running for political office was my biggest challenge so far. I did not succeed, but I sure learned a great deal about people.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I would have taken music and voice lessons early in my life.

What was your childhood ambition?
I wanted to be a rock star.

Tell us about three people that you admire?
Elias and Fanny, my parents (sorry, can’t separate them =))
Mother Theresa
Harry Truman

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
It depends: For business short and to the point meetings; for politics lunch or dinner.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I spent a lot of time getting my education part time nights and weekends. During all those years, I gave up a lot of my social and personal life.

What is your favorite quote?
Don’t do onto others what you don’t want done onto yourself.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
It can be. There must be value in unconventional approaches for people to see why what you propose is good.

Biggest mistake made?
Nobody is perfect, and God knows I made a few in my lifetime.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes. I want processes and systems to be better, simpler, faster, more efficient, and fun. When you give people an experience, they’ll return.

About the Company:
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg created the Latin Media and Entertainment Commission to make New York City the Latin media capital of the world.

The Commission advises the Mayor on business development and retention strategies for the Latin media and entertainment industry.

LMEC Goals
Develop a strategic plan to retain, recruit, and expand Latin media and entertainment productions, businesses, and jobs in New York City.
Develop a strategic plan for New York City to attract and host high-profile Latin entertainment productions and events and to support and create New York based events.

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month