Friday, January 27, 2012

Ruben Mendiola > www.comcast.com

Ruben Mendiola, Vice-President and General Manager of Multicultural Video Services, Comcast Corporation

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
Absolutely. Being Hispanic has always helped me by being culturally relevant and it also gives me a better understanding of our Hispanic consumers, the people that we serve

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
One of the biggest challenges that I have ever faced was to move to this country. I knew I needed to be here to grow and further advance in my professional career. I had a really nice job and flourishing career in Mexico, so leaving that behind to come to the United States and restart my life was a difficult decision I had to make. Today I am truly happy with the end result.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
RM: I really would not change a thing about my life. I admire having the quality of patience, if any, I would love to have more patience.

What was your childhood ambition?
My childhood ambition was to become a lawyer. Helping and serving people was my passion so I studied law. Even today I am still doing that, helping people, but in different way. So to this day I still remain true to my childhood ambition.

Tell us about three people that you admire?
My mother, who's always been there for me. She possesses a lot of style combined with a lot of compassion. My two sisters; one of them I admire for her true passionate spirit, she's always looking to open doors for many people and she's also very elegant. And my other sister who is very practical and no-nonsense but also has a tremendous love and compassion for everyone. My family has really been a very strong role model for me. In a different capacity, Steve Jobs is someone I admire profoundly. He greatly influenced the way in which we do business today. I love the fact that he was always thinking outside the box and the payoff has been tremendous not only to his company but to the world.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
For meetings, lunch… a long Latin lunch.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Well, I think that you have to sacrifice a little bit of your personal life to dedicate time to your professional life but in the end it pays off. The key here is to achieve balance between the two, which is what I'm working on now, trying to equally balance my personal and my professional life.

What is your favorite quote?
If you do not change the way you do things, you cannot expect different results.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
No, not really. I think being unconventional is an advantage. This is how you find more opportunities.

Biggest mistake made?
Mistakes are lessons learned. I love this quote from Francisco Luis Bernardez “lo que el árbol tiene de florido vive de lo que tiene sepultado.” I really believe that all the mistakes I have made in my life, if you want to call them that way, have shaped me into who I am today and I'm very happy with that.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I personally enjoy building and rebuilding, branding and re-branding so the process of innovation, finding solutions and thinking outside the box are things I really love doing. I like to look at things from a different perspective to hopefully achieve better results. This is why I joined Comcast and I am proud of the exciting things we are doing here.

About the company
Comcast Corporation is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month