Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jasmine Villegas >www.jasminevmusic.com

Image result for jasmine villegas picturesJasmine Villegas, R&B Singer
What do you need to be a  leader?This is a question that touches me deeply. To be a leader is more than anything else, to be responsible. A leader has to be humble, respectful and thankful to the fans, set the example. My greatest attribute as a leader is to touch, through my music, the lives of those abused and hopeless. To turn tears into smiles...

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
It definitely does. Being Hispanic/Latina, we're so empowering and strong in overcoming obstacles and being successful. It's definitely carried over into my music and career

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
It definitely does. Being Hispanic/Latina, we're so empowering and strong in overcoming obstacles and being successful. It's definitely carried over into my music and career.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
It's the knowledge of knowing that not everyone is going to like you, nothing is going to be easy, but it's about how bad you want it and how hard you're willing to work for your dreams and goals.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
The biggest challenge for me would have to be trying to find myself as a music artist and as a young woman. I've been faced with many challenges that force me to live separate lives, but it's definitely been more of a learning experience on how to handle life as an artist and as a person.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
If I could change one thing about my life, it would be to find my sound faster. I feel like my fans have been waiting forever for music and it took me forever to find the perfect sound to give them, lol.

What was your childhood ambition?
It's a funny story. I actually wanted to be a vet. I love animals, I had so many animals growing up and I loved singing to them then one day my grandma puts me in a pageant and singing became bigger than I could imagine and opened so many doors.

Tell us about three people that you admire? It'll definitely have to be Alicia Keys because I loved how she was so beautiful and sexy, but never had to try - that was just who she was. Another is definitely my mother and my grandmother because they've taught me so much on how to be a strong young woman and to overcome so much.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Haha. I'm not a morning person at all so dinner is always the way to go!

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Well, I never got to go to regular school and have a personal life so it was definitely the sacrifice of giving up my childhood as well as not seeing my family all the time. We were separated majority of the time and it wasn't easy especially because family is everything to me. 


What is your favorite quote?
I have so many, but it'll have to be the quote I've loved since I was a little girl and that is "nothing's come to sleepers, but a dream."

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I mean, in a sense. Most people don't ever support a path like I've chosen, but when it comes to what makes a person happy, that's all that matters.

Biggest mistake made?
The biggest mistake I've ever made was when I was going through a domestic violence relationship and not reaching out for help from my friends and family because I was scared.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I'd like to think so. I always try to do things for my fans and be the voice for them. I want to be their big sister, their best friend, and have them feel like they're reading their diary when they hear my songs.


About Jasmine
Jasmine Marie Villegas (born December 7, 1993), better known as Jasmine V, is an American pop and R&B singer. After many years of pursuing a career in music, she was signed to Sony Music at the age of 16.

At the age of 9, Villegas accepted her first acting job, acting in a commercial for the hit animated feature The Land Before Time IX. Her first professional singing gig was at age 11, when she performed the national anthem for the Los Angeles Clippers. Later that year, she signed with Damon Dash and worked extensively on a debut that was slated to feature collaborations from label-mate and former Missy Elliott protégée, Nicole Wray.

At the age of 16, she was then signed to Sony Music. She made an appearance in Justin Bieber's music video for his hit single "Baby," and Bieber and Villegas were in a relationship which she revealed in an interview in April 2012. She also joined Bieber on the second leg of his My World Tour and on the Kids' Choice Awards with him. She also appeared in the Sean Kingston and Bieber music video for Eenie Meenie. Villegas has also written with musician Nick Jonas.


As of 2013, Jasmine V has signed to Interscope Records. Villegas appeared alongside American rapper Becky G, on the cover of Latina magazine's February 2014 issue. 

She released her debut single "That's Me Right There" featuring Kendrick Lamar from her EP on August 5, 2014 and charted at #39 on Billboard Twitter Top Tracks chart. Her debut EP was released on November 10, 2014.

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month