Thursday, June 2, 2011

Valeria Fernandez > www.chryslergroupllc.com


Valeria Fernandes, Head, International Information Technology, Chrysler Group LLC,

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
It influences the way I conduct business. Our culture accepts changes more easily and is also teaches us to be agile. Without flexibility and agility in my home country, we would not survive.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Being objective. Analyze the situation, the alternatives and the associated impacts.
And my mentors are very helpful - they always have the right word at the right moment.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
By far - the decision of leaving my home country.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
These are not empty words, I really mean it - I would not change a thing. I am today a reflection of the experiences I accumulated during my life.

What was your childhood ambition?
I wanted to travel the world.

Tell us about three people that you admire
My parents above all people. They thought me the principles of honesty and perseverance.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch or dinner - I am not a morning person.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Many nights, holidays and weekends at work. But it was always worth it.

What is your favorite quote?
"Treat people exactly like you want to be treated" - it never fails

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I cannot even imagine how it is to be conventional.

Biggest mistake made?
I should have pursued an advanced degree right after my undergraduate studies.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Innovation is an inherent part of our heritage - we are chameleons. Managing people and projects across different cultures requires constant adjustments, only possible through innovation.

About the Company:
Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 from a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Mopar and Fiat vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler Group’s culture of innovation, first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925, and Fiat’s complementary technology that dates back to its founding in 1899.

Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group’s product lineup features some of the world's most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Challenger and Ram 1500. Fiat contributes world-class technology, platforms and powertrains for small- and medium-size cars, allowing Chrysler Group to offer an expanded product line including environmentally friendly vehicles.

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month