Monday, June 28, 2010

Jorge Ortega > www.JeffreyGroup.com

Jorge Ortega, President, The Jeffrey Group.


Being Hispanic, does it have any influence on your business?
Yes, as an American Latino, I am able to share my heritage and cultural experience to the many clients we serve. Our focus is helping multinational companies target Latin audiences and the stakeholders that influence them, so I’m glad I can authentically bring that value to our clients.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I look at the positives and often allow that to outweigh the negatives.


What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
Taking a small company that was exclusively focused on Latin America and working with my team to build one of the fastest growing and most interesting and specialized integrated communications firms in our markets.


If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I would have possibly pursued opportunities in other continents, but I am passionate about my culture, my heritage and the work we do every day.


Tell us about three people that you admire?
Well, first, my wife who has worked very hard to help build our awesome family is my best friend and supporter and has built a very nice education business that has done well. That’s a nice combination.


Second, my mother who always demonstrated and taught us about love, patience and determination.


Third, my children. All three of them. They are loving, caring and intelligent kids. I admire them every day.


For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Definitely lunch. Work is done at lunch.


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Sometimes you are not home for dinner, you miss one of your kid’s activities or a family function. That hurts.


What is your favorite quote?
“Manage expectations, follow-up and no surprises” (Bob LaFlamme, my father-in-law)


Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Yes. Most people tend to resist change and innovation and want the easy way out.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes, a corporate innovator. I like to challenge others to join me in my innovation pursuits.


About the Company:
Established in 1993, The Jeffrey Group is the leading independent agency focused on providing integrated communications expertise to help multinational companies and organizations throughout the Americas connect with Latin audiences and the stakeholders that influence them. The firm has adopted a unique approach to developing and managing creative communications for major companies across the hemisphere including Abbott Laboratories, Acer, Airbus, American Airlines, Bayer, Coca-Cola, Hasbro, Johnson & Johnson, Kaspersky, T-Mobile, and Volkswagen among others.
http://www.jeffreygroup.com/

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month