Friday, October 26, 2012

Maximiliano Lobos > www.123-ingles.com

Maximiliano Lobos, President & CEO, Curso 123 Inglés

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
I think it is essential for the success of my English classes. As I explain in Spanish the different grammar topics, Hispanics feel much more identified with me. There is a significant level of identification between my students and my classes, precisely due to the fact of being Hispanic and having a better understanding about their needs.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Always obstacles will arise in the world of entrepreneurship. Whoever decides to take this road, should have it clear. Not everything will be "colour-de-rousse". INstead of naming them "problems", I prefer to speak of "challenges" . I take every adversity as a challenge, and I gain experience for what may come in the future. When you think "What a terrible problem!" your mind gets paralyzed and you don't think. But if you say "how can I solve this?" your mind starts working to find a way out.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
My biggest challenge so far has been how to organize all the technology that is needed. There are many elements that must be organized in harmony: the website, YouTube channel, social networks, subscriber lists, advanced software, graphic design, video production, automated shippings, and so on. And when you have them, you keep them all in your head performing a great theatre performance. It was the most difficult thing to organize and learn about.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I'd love to spend my time just recording videos, which is the best that I do. Having more time to spend on what I am competitive. I'm working on it every day, delegating more responsibilities on brilliant collaborators.

What was your childhood ambition?
I wanted to have my own company since I have memory in my teens. I had no idea on which industry, but I was clear I was going to start a venture of their own.

Tell us about three people that you admire?
In business, I admire what José Luis Nazar achieved. He is a Chilean businessman who succeeded in the U.S. with English courses for hispanics. It also baffles me the perseverance and vision capabilities of Steve Jobs, and thirdly, all my respect to Messrs. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg. In terms of personal development, I appreciate the thoughts of Deepak Chopra, Mother Teresa of Calcutta and Khalil Gibran.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
You can not leave home without a good breakfast, you and the person with whom you'll do business. I prefer to have dinner with my family. So I invite you to have lunch!

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
When you decide to be independent, you become the master of your workday. No timetable. But this flexibility and this freedom can be a double-edged sword, since starting-up a business can take much longer than a normal working day. In that sense, I had to sacrifice many weekends, or spend many sleepless nights talking with suppliers across the world. You have to be careful not to be fully absorbed by the business, and not to neglect the ones we want in this world. I learned my lesson fast and I always try to keep a balance between family and business.

What is your favorite quote?
It's a great questionI have many notable quotes to sharebut I think I'll pick one from Albert Einstein whosaid"Imagination is a preview of what will happen in your life." I believe in the Law of Attraction and the power of positive thinking.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
It's hard not to be it when you're forced to stand out from the crowd due to the nature of your business. And mine is to teach languages ​​across the Internet. That will give you a public space by itself, and you must try and be original and as simple as possible to achieve loyalty and trust from your audience. If you're conventional, you will not stand out from the crowd.

Biggest mistake made?
I think it was trying to cover all aspects of the business. It is impossible.You have to know how to delegate!

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I'm always looking for ways to innovate in my business. That helped us to produce a range of educational products in the English teaching industry. First we started with the free YouTube channel, then naturally came-up the paid online course, then home DVD edition and the MP4 course, and finally the applications for iPhone and Android mobile phones. And we will continue introducing new solutions for the market and the users.

About the Company
Curso 123 Inglés is a company with the mission to teach English to the global Hispanic communityWe have a Free YouTube channel with over 23 million hitsand thousands of positive commentsWe offer paid products and services, such as VD courses, MP4 player courses, online coursesand mobile applicationsOur official site is www.123-ingles.com

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month